Contribute a supplemental wallpaper
Before submitting a supplemental wallpaper, make sure to read these sections carefully. Any submission not fulfilling these rules will be rejected.
- Contributor must have signed the Contributor license agreement which can be done via the Fedora account system.
- Contributions must not violate or infringe someone else's rights (including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights).
- Contributions should have the consent and approval of the author or creator.
- Contributions will be treated as being licensed under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise specified. Note that all contributions must have an approved license.
You are free to submit wallpaper covering a wide range of subjects. Not any subject though.
Subject should not contain any:
- brand or trademark of any kind
inappropriate material, offensive, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous,
defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- no sexually explicit or provocative subject matter
- no images of weapons or violent imagery
- no alcohol, smoking, or drug use imagery
- promotion of bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- unlawful material, in violation of, or contrary to, the laws or regulations in the jurisdiction where the work is created.
- religious, political, or nationalist imagery (including flags)
- images of hats, particularly fedoras. (This is a matter of respect for our primary sponsor, Red Hat, Inc., and is not negotiable. Of course, passive appearance of hats, such as those upon heads in a crowd, may be allowed.)
- version numbers. End users might prefer to continue to use an older theme, or use the latest theme in their older version of Fedora.
- text. The artwork is intended for a global audience and text prevent it from being reused by derivative distributions.
- identifiable people (contemporary, historical, or fictional).
- pets or captive or mistreated animals.
- 16:9 ratio is recommended, if possible 2560x1440 but the bigger the better (Yoda agrees when it's about wallpapers).
- Format should be readable by standard tools. Preferred formats are: SVG and PNG. Master files, which may be further edited, should be maintained in non-lossy formats. Preserving vector graphics, raster layers, and channels is important for such materials.
- Minimal resolution is 1600x1200 that is 1600 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high but again, the larger the better.
- No watermarks, signatures, photographer/creator names, or messages in any part of the work. However if the license allows, and the photo is compelling enough, we could remove watermarks.
- Should strive for subtlety and poetry
- Avoid high frequency images. A soft focus is one way to achieve this
- As the name suggests, visually, it should settle into the "background" of the activity scene.
Fewer details on left side allows for good readability for primary
icons on the desktop.
- Keep in mind that many users have icons covering the entire desktop view.
- Do not compete for the user's attention
- Fedora 25 - 2016 Submission ends on : 2016-10-11