Meeting "Technical Debt Fighting Week"
- Start: Tue, January 05, 2016 - 00:00 UTC
- End: Wed, January 06, 2016 - 00:00 UTC
At Flock, we talked about scheduling some kind of regular technical-debt-fighting week to happen every so often - some period of time where we don't do any new features (and even try to de-prioritize interrupt-driven stuff) and focus on shoring up, cleaning up, tightening the bolts, etc.
Here are some things broadly to think about:
- Add unit tests where there are none. Increase "code coverage".
- Write docs (and make diagrams!) where there are none.
- Reduce code duplication, and increase code re-use where appropriate.
- Break up ultra long methods, classes, and files into more understandable chunks.
- Remove half-implemented features!
- Remove dead code!!
- Add comments where there are none, and correct inaccurate comments.
- Deal with the existential questions facing the code that none of us wants to touch.
- Increase happiness and general zest for life.
Meeting organized by ralph.iCal export